Security Integration Can Keep Your Business Safe
May 31st, 2022
Today’s businesses have to deal with a lot of complex security challenges. Technology has made everything faster and provided more tools to make businesses safe and efficient, but it’s also given burglars, corporate spies, hackers, and other intruders more tools they can use to break into your company and steal assets, damage property, copy proprietary information, and harm employees. If you want to protect your Rio Grande Valley, TX business from this multitude of threats, the best solution available is an integrated security system.
A Variety Of Threats Demand A Variety Of Responses
Intruders and spies have many tools and opportunities they can use to steal or damage your property. You can also face financial threats from employees and guests who are supposed to be on your premises.
- Employee theft has always been a major threat thanks to the trust employees enjoy and the many opportunities they get to take from the business.
- Employees, clients, and customers may sue your company for negligence or recklessness due to an injury, fake or real, they suffer on your premises.
- Armed robbers may come in and steal cash out of the register or take valuable goods from the shelves.
- Shoplifters take what they want and leave without paying if they don’t think they’ll get caught.
- Burglars break in after dark and steal anything they can find.
- Employees, customers, and even vendors will commit fraud if no one checks what they’re doing.
One Solution Won’t Cover Every Issue
Many business owners in Rio Grande Valley, TX have the opinion that “security means X,” where the X is just one of the many security systems your company may need to protect against all the potential threats. For instance, one business owner might think security cameras can spot every crime and deter others from taking place but then do nothing to protect their computers from hackers. Another owner might buy strong malware protection but do nothing to secure their office against intruders.
Integrated Systems Are Worth More Than Their Parts
Integrating a security system means making sure that all your security features will work together and communicate with each other to make sure the system makes optimal use of its resources. For instance:
- Video surveillance can let you see who’s at a door and unlock the electronic lock for them remotely.
- When a burglar alarm goes off, remote video will let you see right away whether it’s a false alarm or a real intruder going where they don’t belong.
- Keyless lock systems can log when certain credentials open a door, and video surveillance lets you check whether the right person is using the right credentials.
By integrating your security system and installing a variety of features, you can keep your property and your people safe from all sorts of intruders without having to pay for all the most expensive products. This will keep your overhead costs down and give you an easy way to check on your company’s situation from any location. Contact your Rio Grande Valley, TX security company and get started on building a better security system today.